embWiSe provides an embedded CCX Supplicant – WiSe-Supplicant – conforming to CCXv4 specifications for Application Specific Devices (ASDs). WiSe-Supplicant had already been integrated, tested and validated for Marvell's 88W8686 and QualcommAtheros' AR6003 WiFi chipsets under Linux/Android OS platforms.
embWiSe's CCXv4 Supplicant supports and provides the following features
- IEEE 802.1x, WPA-TKIP and WPA2-AES Support with LEAP, PEAP-GTC, EAP-FAST, PEAP-MSCHAP and EAP-TLS
- Fast Re-authentication / Fast Roaming via CCKM With LEAP, EAP-FAST, EAP-TLS, PEAP-GTC and PEAP-MSCHAP
- AP-Assisted Roaming
- Interoperability with APs that support multiple SSIDs and VLANs
- RF scanning and reporting
- AP-specified maximum transmit power
- Unscheduled Automatic Power Save Delivery
- L2 Roaming Enhancements
- Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) Support
- Tightly integrated with the open source WPA/WPA2 supplicant for the Linux OS
- Highly portable to other embedded Operating Systems like WinCE/WindowsMobile, Nucleus Plus,ThreadX,etc.,
A tier-I vendor's Mobile and Tablet designs have been CCX certified with WiSe-Supplicant already.